2020 ARTIST CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. How to enter online
- Entries close Wednesday 13 May 2020
- Entry fees:
- Two entries = $50 in total
- Three entries = $65 in total
- Entries can only be received via Trybooking (a small booking fee applies)
2. Conditions of entry
- All works will be included in the judging of the Inspired Prize and the Highly Commended Prize
- Entries must be original works by the artist, completed within the last two years
- A work may only be entered in one category
- All artworks must be for sale
- Each artist may submit up to three separate works. A series of work may comprise of up to three pieces
- A miniature is considered to be any artwork no greater than 15cm in dimension. This does not include the framing
- Entries submitted and exhibited in previous years will not be accepted
- Entries in the Youth section must not be work created in the classroom environment under supervision of a teacher
- If there are minimal entries to judge or the quality of works entered are not considered of merit then a prize may not be awarded in that category
- The judge’s decision will be final
- Emerging Artist Conditions of Entry: Open to emerging artists, who are a resident of the Newcastle or Hunter Valley districts. To be eligible for the prize category you must indicate this in the space provided on the entry form. An emerging artist is roughly defined as an artist who has continually practiced as a professional artist for less than five years and wishes to further develop their chosen art form.
3. Size and weight limits
- 2D sections: 1400mm x 1400mm, maximum size including frame. Maximum weight 10kg.
- 3D sections: 1000mm x 1000mm x 1000, excluding stand or plinth. Maximum weight 25kg including stand or plinth.
- Artists can supply their own plinth if it is an integral part of their artwork. Please remember to label your plinth.
4. Presentation of Work
- All artworks must be suitably framed and prepared with appropriate and secured wire or cord fittings, ready for immediate hanging
- Works not ready for immediate hanging will not be exhibited
- All artworks must be identified on the back with a complete listing of the work provided (artist, title, media, category and price). This must be securely attached to all works before delivery. A template is available on line with the Trybooking entry.
- A commission of 30% will be charged on all works sold
6. Insurance & Transport
- All insurance and transport costs must be met by the artist. The greatest possible care will be taken but no liability will be accepted for accidental damage.
- The school will provide security for the duration of the exhibition.
- The organisers reserve the right to reproduce any work for the advertising of the event.
- The organisers will determine which pieces are accepted for hanging according to suitability for exhibition in a public environment and reserve the right to reject any work considered unsuitable or offensive.
8. Drop off and pick up of artwork (important information)
- Artwork drop off to exhibition
Drop artwork to The Cameron Centre, Hunter Valley Grammar School via the rear gate at 100 South Seas Drive, Ashtonfield. View map
Parking is available next to The Cameron Centre. Enter via the ramp adjacent to the car park and through the double timber doors.
Please note that the car park is locked outside of these times.
- Artwork collection (for artists and purchasers)
Tuesday 9 June from 11:30pm until 3:00pm - strictly.
Artworks cannot be stored after this date.